Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Shoes and Socks Make My Feet Very Happy!

Last night I bought my first ever pair of running shoes and running socks! I have to say, I have been to Swags two previous times. The first visit was a probably 3 years ago. They analysed my feets and sold me a pair of walking shoes. I left very happy. The next few weeks, my feet were even happier.

My second visit was about 3 months ago, for another pair of walking shoes. The guy was not very helpful, kind of a smart ass, and I left with a pair of shoes I thought might work for me. By the end of the next day, my ankles were killing me. See, I'm a pronator. The guy from last night(Justin) told me that my feet suffer from 'severe pronation'. He quickly added that it wasn't as bad as it sounds. Anywho...my feet roll inward a bit. The guy (3 months ago) sold me a pair of shoes that I swear roll my feet even further inward. I was not happy. And my feet even less so.

Last night, I explained this all to Justin...who was just wonderful. If I liked boys, I'd have a crush on him. He told me I could bring those previously bought shoes back...and told me if my feet hurt after this new pair, to come back as well. I spent $84 and left with a pair of Brooks running shoes and a fancy pair of running socks. I know NOTHING about what running socks do...I mean they look like regular socks...but my feet felt IMEDIATELY better when I put them on. Now, I jus thave to run in them!

I start a part time job tonight...and it's suppose to be my running day. I don't know if I'll have a chance to run. If not, I'll aim for running befoer work tomorrow. That even sounds funny to me. I have to be at work at 7:30. Sure. I can get up early enough to run! ha!...We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment